I took a stroll in our community park this 7 days on the most perfect fall day. Temps ended up very low 60’s, sky was shiny blue, there was a slight breeze and just the odor of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two months now but on this working day, with the breeze, leaves were being fluttering to the floor all all around me.
I brought a bag with me to accumulate leaves, as 1 does on fantastic slide times, and I gathered so a lot of that it felt like it weighed a handful of pounds. I straight away considered of the perfect idea for my huge bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath made with a wire hanger!
I to start with saw this leaf wreath thought a long time ago on my close friend Gina’s blog site, Willowday. I understood it expected a ton of leaves due to the fact they are stacked, and I’m commonly an individual who only collects what I can keep, so I haven’t had a possibility to provide home a massive leaf haul until eventually now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Acquire your leaves and prepare them by shade. I must have gathered a several hundred leaves at minimum, but real truth be instructed I *even now* didn’t have adequate. I experienced to slash my hanger a small shorter. So err on the facet of as well considerably!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the best of the wire hanger. Use your individual hands to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To slice the wire hanger (which you will in all probability have to do except you bought hundreds of leaves!), just bend back and forth a number of instances in a person location and it will crack. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-lined type, alternatively of a hanger.)
3. Start off stacking and threading the leaves onto the wire hanger. It is extremely uncomplicated to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down until eventually you get halfway, then thread them correct aspect up.
6. When you are completed threading, use the pliers to bend the conclude into a very little loop, then hook it at the top to protected the ring.
This wreath will commence to dry up fairly speedily and the colors will fade. If you want the colour to very last, try out dipping the leaves in beeswax first!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this publish? Here are some additional artwork concepts with leaves: